Introducing Functional Grammar 3rd Edition. Best GRAMMAR Materials and Practice Book for Reading, Writing, and Speaking. Get GRAMMAR Materials , Tips, Tricks. Practice more and boost your score.
Introducing Functional Grammar 3rd Edition
Introducing Functional Grammar, third edition, provides a user-friendly overview of the theoretical and practical aspects of the systemic functional grammar (SFG) model.
No prior knowledge of formal linguistics is required as the book provides:
• An opening chapter on the purpose of linguistic analysis, which outlines the diff erences between the two major approaches to grammar – functional and formal.
• An overview of the SFG model – what it is and how it works.
• Advice and practice on identifying elements of language structure such as clauses
and clause constituents.
• Numerous examples of text analysis using the categories introduced, and discussion about what the analysis shows.
• Exercises to test comprehension, along with answers for guidance.
The third edition is updated throughout, and is based closely on the fourth edition of Halliday and Matthiessen’s Introduction to Functional Grammar.
Introducing Functional Grammar remains the essential entry guide to Hallidayan functional grammar, for undergraduate and postgraduate students of language and linguistics.
Find More GRAMMAR Materials, Dictionary, and Vocabulary Books also GRE and GMAT Preparation Materials. Join Our Facebook Group or , Google+ and Get PDF Book, Audio CD, Full Practice Materials. DxSchool is the best choice of the Students from different Platform For Free Information and Resources Download.