IELTS Writing Task 2 – Genetic Engineering Positives and Negatives. IELTS Writing Ideas, Tips, Tricks. Write your own essay with best ideas. IELTS Writing Task 2 -Sample Answer Ideas.
Genetic Engineering – Ideas For IELTS Writing Task 2
Positives of genetic engineering
- Genetic engineering is the practice of manipulating the genes of an organism
- It is used to produce crops that are more resistant to insects and diseases
- Some genetically modified crops grow more quickly
- Some drugs and vaccines are produced by genetic engineering
- It may become possible to change human’s genetic characteristics.
- Scientists may use genetic engineering to cure diseases.
- Inherited illnesses would no longer exist
- Genes could be changed before a baby is born
- It could also be possible to clone human organs
- We could all have replacement body part
- Humans could live longer, healthier lives
Negatives of genetic engineering
- There are ethical concerns about human genetic engineering
- Parents might want to choose their children’s characteristics
- This would be unnatural
- It would be unacceptable in most religions
- Soldiers could be cloned from the genes of the strongest people
- Clones might be used like robots to do certain jobs
- Clones might even be developed just for organ replacements
- Society and human evolution would change completely
- Currently, human genetic engineering is prohibited
More IELTS Materials, Dictionary, Vocabulary, GRE, and GMAT Books. Join Our Facebook Group or , Google+ and Get PDF Book, Audio CD, Full Practice Materials and Free IELTS Practice Test. DxSchool is the best choice of the Students from different Platform For Free Information and Resources Download.