IELTS Listening Test 4 Section 4. Take Free IELTS Practice Test. Now you will get a number of free IELTS Online Practice Test here. Start IELTS Listening Practice Now.
IELTS Listening Test 4 Section 4
Test Instruction: SECTION 4
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
• Claims that 13% of C02 in the atmosphere could be absorbed by agricultural soils
• Erosion is more likely in soil that is 31
• Lal found soil in Africa that was very 32
• It was suggested that carbon from soil was entering the atmosphere
Soil and carbon:
• plants turn C02 from the air into carbon-based substances such as 33
• some C02 moves from the 34 of plants to microbes in the soil
• carbon was lost from the soil when agriculture was invented
• uses established practices to make sure soil remains fertile and 35
• e.g. through year-round planting and increasing the 36 plants that are grown
• taking place on a big 37 farm
• uses compost made from waste from agriculture and 38
• aims to increase soil carbon by using 39 that are always green
Future developments may include:
• reducing the amount of fertilizer used in farming
• giving farmers 40 for carbon storage, as well as their produce
Download IELTS Listening Test 4