IELTS Listening Test 3 Section 4. Take Free IELTS Practice Test. Now you will get a number of free IELTS Online Practice Test here. Start IELTS Listening Practice Now.
IELTS Listening Test 3 Section 4
Test Instruction: SECTION 4 Questions 31-40
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
ETHNOGRAPHY IN BUSINESS
Ethnography: research which explores human cultures
It can be used in business:
• to investigate customer needs and 31
• to help companies develop new designs
Examples of ethnographic research in business
• Researchers found that cooks could not easily see the 32 in measuring cups.
• In Uganda, customers paid to use the cell phones of entrepreneurs
• These customers wanted to check the 33 used.
• There was a need to develop 34 to improve communication between system administrators and colleagues.
• Nurses needed to access information about 35 in different parts of the hospital.
• Respondents recorded information about their 36 while travelling.
Principles of ethnographic research in business
• The researcher does not start off with a hypothesis.
• Participants may be selected by criteria such as age, 37 or product used.
• The participants must feel 38 about taking part in the research.
• There is usually direct 39 of the participants.
• The interview is guided by the participant.
• A lot of time is needed for the 40 of the data.
• Researchers look for a meaningful pattern in the data.
Download IELTS Listening Test 3