How to solve Classification Question in IELTS reading section Step By Step Solution. Now, this article will help you to choose the right answer for Classify Question in IELTS reading test.
How to recognize Classification Question
- You will recognize this question by the word “Classification” or “Classify” in the instruction. Ex. Classify the following statement.
Characteristics of Classification Question
- Maintain Serial
- All answer will be found in a specific para. (in general, 1/2 para)
- There will be few Topic in the instruction
How To Solve Classification
Step 1. First read the instruction, mark the topics and try to understand them. Don’t read questions first.
Step 2. Now go to passage, scan quickly, find the Topic Location.
Step 3. Read about the Topic, try to understand the information. Underline 2/3 information related to Topic.
Step 4. Now read Questions and match with Topic information taken from the passage. Concentrate on Synonyms, Comparison, and Paraphrase.
Step 5. If you still confuse to choose the right answer, follow Step 3, and Step 4 again.
Note. To solve last 2/3 questions, first read the questions and locate the information in the passage.
** Download Free IELTS Books and Practice Materials
Now Practice More IELTS Classification Questions
- Cambridge IELTS 8: P48
- Cambridge 7: P42
- IELTS Trainer:
- The Official Cambridge Guide To IELTS:
- Focus on IELTS: p.149
- Cambridge IELTS 2: p.35, p.57, p.59, p.82
- Cambridge IELTS 3: p.13, p.79, p.82
- IELTS Preparation & Practice (L&S): p.38
Tips and Tricks For ILETS Reading
- List of Heading
- Multiple Choice Question
- Yes, No, Not Given
- Short Answer Question
- Factor Matching
- Information Matching/Locating Paragraph
IELTS Reading Passage Practice Test
We will add more practice test to improve IELTS Reading Section. Stay with us and let us know your opinion. If you find the article useful don’t forget to share or like our Facebook, Twitter Page.