How to prepare for IELTS – Listening. Best IELTS Preparation Materials and Practice Book for Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking. Get IELTS Materials , Tips, Tricks. Practice more and boost your score.
How to prepare for IELTS Listening eBook PDF
Before the exam
• Make sure you are familiar with the instructions for the different question types so you can quickly glance at the questions and know
what to do.
• Think about the type of situations you might come across living or studying in an English speaking country, such as someone asking
for directions or talks on topics of general interest.
• Listen to as wide a range of material as possible – English language television and radio, listening sites on the Internet and films and
music are all great sources.
• Do as many practice tests as you can to get used to the speed of delivery and the task types.
• Focus on the strategies and skills you need for listening (see Focusing on IELTS pp.8-37). For example:
™ ‘listening for specific information’ (p.8-12);
™ ‘guessing meaning of words’, (p.23)
™ ‘recognising signposts’ (p.26)
™ ‘understanding lectures & talks’ (p.111-113.
Practise these strategies and skills with as much listening material as you can.
Buy From: Amazon